Thank you for using Welcomments!
As with every other internet based product out there, there are some terms that apply.
Grab a cup of your favorite beverage and take a comfortable sitting position.
It’s time to spit out some legalese.
When we say “Company”, “we”, “our”, or “us” in this document, we are referring to IiroMan OÜ.
When we say “Services”, we mean Welcomments, a product created and maintained by IiroMan OÜ, whether delivered
within a web browser, desktop application, mobile application, or another format.
When we say “You” or “your”, we are referring to the people or organizations that own an account with Welcomments, and/or
are embedding Welcomments on their website in order to receive comments from their visitors.
We may update these Terms of Service in the future.
When you use our Services, now or in the future, you are agreeing to the latest Terms of Service.
That’s true for any of our existing and future products and all features that we add to our Services over time.
There may be times where we do not exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service; in doing so, we
are not waiving that right or provision. These terms do contain a limitation of our liability.
If you violate any of the terms, we may terminate your account.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account. The Company cannot and will not be
liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation. We recommend users set up
two-factor authentication for added security.
- You are responsible for all content posted and activity that occurs under your account. That includes content posted
by others who either: (a) have access to your login credentials; or (b) have their own logins under your account.
- You must be a human. Accounts registered by “bots” or other automated methods are not permitted.
Cancellation and Termination
- You are solely responsible for properly canceling your account. Within each of our Services, we provide a simple
no-questions-asked cancellation link. An email or phone request to cancel your account is not automatically
considered cancellation. If you need help cancelling your account, you can always contact our Support.
- All of your content will be inaccessible from the Services immediately upon cancellation. Within 30 days, all content
will be permanently deleted from active systems and logs. Within 60 days, all content will be permanently deleted
from our backups. We cannot recover this information once it has been permanently deleted. If you want to export any
data before your account is cancelled, contact our Support.
- We have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of our Services
for any reason at any time. Suspension means you and any other users on your account will not be able to access the
account or any content in the account. Termination will furthermore result in the deletion of your account or your
access to your account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all content in your account. We also reserve the
right to refuse the use of the Services to anyone for any reason at any time.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
- Sometimes it becomes technically impossible to continue a feature or we redesign a part of our Services because we think
it could be better or we decide to close new signups of a product. We reserve the right at any time to modify or
discontinue, temporarily or permanently, any part of our Services with or without notice.
- Sometimes we change the pricing structure for our products. When we do that, we tend to exempt existing customers from
those changes. However, we may choose to change the prices for existing customers. If we do so, we will give at least
30 days notice and will notify you via the email address on record. We may also post a notice about changes on our
websites or the affected Services themselves.
Uptime, Security, and Privacy
- Your use of the Services is at your sole risk. We provide these Services on an “as is” and “as available” basis. We
do not offer service-level agreements for our Services but do take uptime of our applications seriously.
Visit https://status.welcomments.io/ to see the status of our Services.
- We reserve the right to temporarily disable your account if your usage significantly exceeds the average usage of
other customers of the Services. Of course, we’ll reach out to the account owner before taking any action except in
rare cases where the level of use may negatively impact the performance of the Service for other customers.
- We take many measures to protect and secure your data through backups, redundancies, and encryption. We enforce
encryption for data transmission from the public Internet.
- When you use our Services, you entrust us with your data. We take that trust to heart. You agree that Welcomments may
can access your data for the following reasons:
- To help you with support requests you make. We’ll ask for express consent before accessing your account.
- On the rare occasions when an error occurs that stops an automated process partway through. We get automated alerts
when such errors occur. When we can fix the issue and restart automated processing without looking at any personal
data, we do. In rare cases, we have to look at a minimum amount of personal data to fix the issue. In these rare cases,
we aim to fix the root cause as much as possible to avoid the errors from reoccurring.
- To safeguard Welcomments. We’ll look at logs and metadata as part of our work to ensure the security of your data and
the Services as a whole. If necessary, we may also access accounts as part of an abuse report investigation.
- To the extent required by applicable law. We only preserve or share customer data if compelled by a government
authority with a legally binding order or proper request. If Welcomments is audited by a tax authority, we only share the
bare minimum billing information needed to complete the audit.
- We use third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and
related technology required to run the Services. You can see a list of all subprocessors who handle personal data
- We process any data you share with us only for the purpose you signed up for and as described in these Terms of Service
commercial purposes unless we have your explicit permission.
Copyright and Content Ownership
- All content posted on the Services must comply with Estonian copyright law.
- We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the Services. All materials uploaded remain
- We reserve the right (but not the obligation) in our sole discretion to refuse or remove any content that is available
via the Service.
- The names, look, and feel of the Services are copyright© to the Company. All rights reserved. You may not duplicate,
from the Company. You must request permission to use the Company’s logo or any Service logos for promotional purposes.
Please email us requests to use logos. We reserve the right to rescind this permission if
you violate these Terms of Service.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Services, use of the Services,
or access to the Services without the express written permission by the Company.
- You must not modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Services or the Company.
Features and Bugs
We design our Services with care, based on our own experience and the experiences of customers who share their time and
feedback. However, there is no such thing as a service that pleases everybody. We make no guarantees that our Services
will meet your specific requirements or expectations.
We also test all of our features extensively before shipping them. As with any software, our Services inevitably have
some bugs. We track the bugs reported to us and work through priority ones, especially any related to security or privacy.
Not all reported bugs will get fixed and we don’t guarantee completely error-free Services.
We mention liability throughout these Terms but to put it all in one section:
You expressly understand and agree that the Company shall not be liable, in law or in equity, to you or to any third
party for any direct, indirect, incidental, lost profits, special, consequential, punitive or exemplary damages, including,
but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if the Company has
been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the Services; (ii)
the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased
or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the Services; (iii) unauthorized access to
or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (v) or any
other matter relating to this Terms of Service or the Services, whether as a breach of contract, tort (including negligence
whether active or passive), or any other theory of liability.
In other words: choosing to use our Services does mean you are making a bet on us. If the bet does not work out, that’s
on you, not us. We do our darnedest to be as safe a bet as possible through careful management of the business; investments
in security, infrastructure, and talent; and in general giving a damn. If you choose to use our Services, thank you for
betting on us.
If you have a question about any of the Terms of Service, please contact our Support.