Before we start, we'll have to answer one question: does Welcomments work with your website?
Well, it depends. If you are:
- using a static site generator such as Jekyll, Hugo, or Eleventy
- hosting the source code of your website in a GitHub repository
- automatically deploying your site with Netlify or similar
then we're all set!
If you haven't set up your website yet, go ahead and do it now. We'll wait for you.
If static site generators, GitHub, or Netlify is not your thing, Welcomments is not a good match for you. Not right now, at least.
We're assuming that you already have a Jekyll or Hugo site on GitHub, and you deploy it with Netlify.
You do!? Great job!
Now all that's left to do is:
- go to the Welcomments Console.
- click "Sign in with GitHub" and... well, sign in with GitHub.
- you should now see an indigo colored button that says "New website". click on it.
- this takes you through our guided setup flow. it should hold your hand through the process.
If all went well, you should now have Welcomments integrated on your static website!